Title: Executive Director, EforAll Lowell-Lawrence (Lowell-Lawrence, MA) (full-time)
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer, Entrepreneurship for All
EforAll is a growing organization that has developed an innovative approach to launching successful entrepreneurs within under-resourced, mid-sized cities. In four short years, EforAll has created an impressive record of launching over 100 new ventures that are transforming their communities by creating jobs and inspiring others to step forward and start something themselves. Continuing its expansion, EforAll is looking to hire a dynamic team in Lowell-Lawrence that is focused on identifying, engaging and supporting entrepreneurs on their path to success. .
EforAll is looking to hire a full-time Executive Director (ED) to lead its efforts in the Lowell-Lawrence region effective immediately. This is a fast-paced, challenging, and intensely satisfying position that will make a real difference in Lowell-Lawrence. In addition to nurturing the next generation of entrepreneurs, this highly visible position provides opportunities to build relationships with senior leaders in the community, state and local government, business, academic, and the non-profit sectors. This is an opportunity for long term career growth within the organization as EforAll continues to grow across the country.
Characteristics Desired in the Executive Director
- An entrepreneur who is creative, strategic, and resourceful.
- A dedicated leader and representative who can translate vision into action
- A person who is intelligent and inspiring; able to conceptualize, express ideas and act on opportunities for EforAll
- A team player who inspires collaboration and who understands the value of creating relationships with other organizations and key stakeholders aligned with EforAll’s goals
- An energetic person who can handle and prioritize multiple activities and responsibilities; functions decisively; is flexible and well-organized, a self-starter and finisher
- Outgoing and straightforward; one who shares information easily; listens as well as gives advice; respects the abilities of others
- Practical and credible experience in the field of entrepreneurship, whether in business or non-profits
- Comfortable working with and advising startups and social enterprises.
- Passionate about startups, entrepreneurship, and generating social impact
- Ability to work flexibly in a start-up, teamwork environment and take initiative as a self-starter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with people from diverse personal and professional backgrounds
- Access to a vehicle for travel to different sites (mileage outside commuting will be reimbursed)
- Flexibility to attend evening events
- Knowledge of the community of Lowell-Lawrence preferred
- Four-year bachelor’s degree
- MBA or M.A. in relevant field preferred
Responsibilities of the Executive Director
- Serve as a leader to raise the profile of EforAll within the city of Lowell-Lawrence and the greater Lowell-Lawrence region.
- Effectively convey the mission and activities of EforAll to a variety of constituencies, including the broader public
- Given EforAll’s mission and goals, build and implement a process of continued innovation and excellence in all programs and efforts
- Execute and guide programs that align with the organization’s vision.
- Initiate and strengthen relationships and collaborations with organizations and leaders that are connected to the EforAll’s mission and purpose.
- Create a local Leadership Committee that will advise and assist the ED within the Lowell-Lawrence region
- Take the lead in training, coaching and supporting entrepreneurs that come through the EforAll programs
- Take an active role in running the various EforAll programs, including pitch contests, panel discussions, accelerator programs, entrepreneur talks, and co-hosted events with other organizations.
- Facilitate discussions between experts and entrepreneurs, making sure that experts are successful in teaching material that is relevant and memorable to the entrepreneurs
- Recruit knowledgeable and experienced mentors from a wide variety of fields to work on teams with entrepreneurs participating in EforAll’s accelerator programs
- Find, evaluate, and train experts to share their knowledge with EforAll entrepreneurs in an interactive and impactful manner
- Cultivate relationships with local organizations in order to increase the visibility of entrepreneurship and EforAll in the community
- Work closely with community members facing challenges and disadvantages on the basis of ethnicity, gender, age, and immigrant status.
- Potentially, to manage a shared space within the heart of Lowell-Lawrence, one where entrepreneurs and other individuals pay on a monthly basis to be able to use an open space as their workplace
General Management, Finance and Administration
- Ensure by effective management and leadership that the day-to-day operations are professionally and efficiently organized and administered.
- Lead the EforAll Lowell-Lawrence staff, including a Program Manager and any other employees, interns, mentors, and volunteers, ensuring that everyone involved understands the mission and goals of EforAll and their roles in achieving them.
- Direct and evaluate communications strategies to ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, taking advantage of EforAll’s centralized marketing talent as appropriate.
- Working within the guidelines and structures established by EforAll’s central finance office, oversee the Lowell-Lawrence region’s financial operations including ensuring that sound financial controls and accounting procedures are in place, preparing the annual budget for board approval, and providing financial reports for board review and oversight.
- Maintain excellent relationships with the initial funders from the Lowell-Lawrence area and begin the recruitment process of additional funders to provide financial support for EforAll.
- Develop and over time implement a comprehensive fundraising plan that includes major gifts from individuals, corporate sponsorships, grants, in-kind donations, memberships, an annual gala and other charitable events
- Build a larger, sustainable base of individual donors
- Manage and oversee EforAll Lowell-Lawrence’s annual gala and key fundraising events
- Track proposals and reports for all grants, foundation and corporate fundraising
- Manage and maintain the donor management system
The ED will report to EforAll’s CEO, based in Lowell-Lawrence, MA.
Salary commensurate with experience; Full benefits for full time work; Great networking and professional development.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Please, no phone inquiries or submission by physical mail.